Online Event Moderator
NBI, an established leader in the development of professional continuing education seminars and live online events across the U.S., has an exciting opportunity on our Operations team for candidates who:
- Are motivated in being part of a team that is responsible for the success in the delivery of our online events
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure.
- Are highly detailed, well organized, and technologically oriented
- Demonstrate the ability to remain calm during unforeseen situations
- Are enthusiastic, display energy and demonstrate the ability to connect with an audience or presenter.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Are comfortable using Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Teams, and other Microsoft applications.
Job Responsibilities & Main Functions
The online event moderator role specializes in managing live online webinar presentations and is responsible for ensuring a best in class virtual learning experience. Our moderators work with professionalism and confidence, display positive energy, ensure a seamless transition between agenda topics, and keep the event moving throughout a designated timeframe. Job responsibilities and main functions of the online event moderator role include but are not limited to:
- Starting the webinar, introducing the program and presenter, delivering polling questions or participation checkpoints, moderating a Q&A session, and delivering an event closing
- Maintaining engagement between the audience and presenter
- Assisting presenters in microphone and webcam equipment setup prior to and during the event
- Ensuring audio, video and visual aspects of the event are functioning as expected
- Successfully transitioning multiple presenters in and out of their scheduled timeframe throughout the event
- Degree in Telecommunication or Video Production; OR experience necessary to prove ability to perform described duties required
- Experience using one or more online event delivery applications at high-level proficiency – ON24, MeetingOne, Zoom, Adobe Connect
- Demonstrate experience in effectively trouble-shooting technological problems for end users.
- Highly developed interpersonal verbal communication and speaking skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, and a proactive approach
- Self-motivated, confident, and able to demonstrate a high degree of personal responsibility and ownership in their work
This position is part-time to full-time with varying hours. Full training, detailed procedure documentation and computer equipment will be provided upon joining the team. Opportunity to work remotely or onsite at our Eau Claire, Wisconsin office is offered. If working remotely, high-speed wired (not wireless) internet connection and a working telephone is required but will not be provided.
These positions are currently only open to residents in the following locations. Please do NOT respond to this job posting if you do not reside in one of these States/Provinces: