Course book included with all formats
Safeguard the Financial Future of Elderly Clients
Middle class Americans seeking asset protection cannot afford to ignore the potentially devastating costs of nursing home and other long-term care. Nursing homes are among the most common and largest creditors an average American is likely to face in his or her lifetime, but only about 10% of the population has long-term care insurance. For the other 90%, Medicaid is the primary source of payment, so a basic understanding of the Medicaid asset protection process is vital for all professionals who work with seniors and their families. This course will provide an overview of asset protection concepts and strategies that elder law attorneys can use to legally and ethically protect assets while facilitating earlier Medicaid eligibility. Register today!
This legal course offers Medicaid strategies that will benefit attorneys. It may also be of interest to social workers, geriatric care managers, insurance professionals and paralegals.
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Caleb Lihn
This course has been approved by the Nevada Board of Continuing Legal Education. This program may qualify for up to 1.50 hours of alternative format CLE credits by the Nevada Board of Continuing Legal Education, which includes 0.0 hour of alternative format ethical considerations.
including - Taxes: 1.50
NBI, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. This program is designed to qualify for 1.50 hours (based on 50 minute credit hour) of continuing professional education credit for accountants. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint, refund and program cancellation, please contact our offices at (800) 930-6182.
This is a Basic to Intermediate level program presented in a group internet-based setting. Accountants should have a basic understanding of asset protection and the Medicaid asset protection process. No advanced preparation is required. Upon completion of this course, attendees should be able to: 1. Recall what asset eligibility requirements are when applying for Medicaid. 2. Provide at least two examples of exempt assets that don't count for purposes of Medicaid eligibility. 3. Explain what a lookback requirement is. Field(s) of Study -- Taxes.
CALEB LIHN is founder and partner of Taylor & Lihn PLLC. Mr. Lihn focuses his practice on Medicaid (ALTCS) planning, special needs planning/trusts, estate planning, probate, and guardianships/conservatorships. He is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) and is the president-elect for the Arizona Chapter of NAELA. He is the immediate past-chair of the Executive Committee of the Elder Law, Mental Health, and Special Needs Planning Section of the State Bar of Arizona. Mr. Lihn earned his B.A. degree from Arizona State University; his J.D. degree from University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law; and his LL.M. degree (estate planning and elder law), from Western New England University, College of Law.
$219 / Each Additional