Protect Employers - and Yourself - From These Major Legal Gaffes
Whether you're a novice in HR or a seasoned professional, everyone makes mistakes. However, some errors result in major legal consequences. This practical program delves into the biggest HR blunders, as well as best practices for avoiding and responding to them. Examine the legal hazards of terminating employees on leave, explore effective methods for creating clear job expectations, and stay informed of the latest guidelines for differentiating between employees and independent contractors. Register today!
- Uncover practical guidance for drafting bulletproof non-compete agreements.
- Develop strategies for resolving common employee classification errors.
- Learn how to use documentation as a tool to prevent litigation.
- Analyze the legal risks of inconsistent handbook policies and provisions.
- #1. Relying on Toothless Non-Competes
- #2. Taking a Weak Stance on Data Privacy; Creating False Expectations
- #3. Firing Employees on Protected Leave
- #4. Exempt vs. Non-Exempt Misclassifications
- #5. Labeling and Treating Employees as Independent Contractors
- #6. Making Big Decisions Without a Paper Trail
- #7. Failing to Provide State-Required Training
- #8. Overlapping and Inconsistent Contracts, Handbook Provisions and Policies
- #9. Creating Loose Job Expectations
- #10. Dropping the Ball on Employee Notifications
- #11. Letting Supervisors Go Rogue