Advanced Title Insurance Issues
Thursday, March 29, 2018
9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Centre Park Event and Banquet Center
5800 Muhlhauser Road
West Chester, OH 45069
$349 / Each Additional
Registration Includes Course Book
Continuing Legal Education
- KY CLE - 6.00
- OH CLE - 6.00
- Insurance - 7.00
Hone Your Title Insurance Expertise
Every professional working with title insurance encounters complicated issues, but how you handle them is what distinguishes you from other practitioners. Is your title insurance knowledge at the optimum level? This advanced level seminar will keep you on the cutting edge and highlight vital information you need to make the best decisions in your practice. Register today!
- Come away with practical knowledge and solutions you can use immediately.
- Learn how to handle special real estate issues when dealing with fiduciaries.
- Ensure a smooth and successful conclusion to transactions involving business entities, such as LLCs, LLPs and sole proprietorships.
- Explore the appropriate use of commercial endorsements.
- Stay up to date on the latest court interpretations of title insurance policies.
Who Should Attend
This advanced level program is designed for professionals who want to maximize their title law knowledge:
- Title and Abstract Professionals
- Real Estate Professionals
- Owners' and Lenders' Concerns
- Advanced Issues in Due Diligence
- Commercial Endorsements
- Claims and Defenses Under Title Insurance Policies
- Reinsurance and Coinsurance
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal EducationCredit Hrs State
CLE 6.00 - KY
CLE 6.00 - OH
Insurance – Insurance: 7.00
* denotes specialty credits
Agenda / Content Covered
- OWNERS' AND LENDERS' CONCERNS
9:00 - 10:00, David F. Robertson Jr.
- Marketable Title
- Permitted Encumbrances
- Closing Protection Letters: Legal Issues and Court Decisions
- ADVANCED ISSUES IN DUE DILIGENCE
10:15 - 11:30, David F. Robertson Jr.
- Transactions With Legal Entities
- Transactions With Fiduciaries
- Transactions With Individuals: Powers of Attorney
- Confirming Tax Titles
- Setting Aside Tax Sales
- Increase in Value of the Property
- Manufactured Homes
- COMMERCIAL ENDORSEMENTS
12:30 - 1:45, Edmonde DeGregorio
- Standard ALTA Endorsements
- Loan Policy Endorsements
- Owners Policy Endorsements
- CLTA and Other Non-ALTA Endorsements
- CLAIMS AND DEFENSES UNDER TITLE INSURANCE POLICIES
1:45 - 3:00, Steven J. Davis
- Recent Noteworthy Cases
- Parties Protected and Duration of Coverage
- Exclusions From Coverage
- Special Exceptions
- Measure of Loss
- REINSURANCE AND COINSURANCE
3:15 - 4:30, Steven J. Davis
- Compare and Contrast
- Governmental Limits
- Self-Imposed and Lender-Based Limits
STEVEN J. DAVIS is counsel in the real estate practice group of Thompson Hine LLP. Mr. Davis focuses his practice on the acquisition, sale and leasing of commercial real estate, construction contracts, development matters and annexation procedures. He is a frequent lecturer to various professional groups on real estate topics. Mr. Davis is a former chair of the Dayton Bar Association’s Real Property Committee and a member of the National Association of Industrial and Office Professionals, the Ohio State Bar Association and the American Bar Association. He earned his B.A. degree from Oberlin College and his J.D. degree from Duke University.
EDMONDE DEGREGORIO is an attorney at the law firm of Aronoff, Rosen & Hunt, LPA, and president of Tri-State Land Title Agency, Inc. Mr. DeGregorio works in commercial real estate, title insurance, construction, and commercial leasing. He is a licensed title agent in Ohio and Kentucky. Mr. DeGregorio is a member of the Ohio Land Title Association, and the Cincinnati, Ohio State, Northern Kentucky and Kentucky bar associations. He has presented seminars before the Cincinnati Bar Association, The Lawyers Club of Cincinnati and National Business Institute. Mr. DeGregorio earned his B.A. degree from Columbia University and his J.D. degree from Boston University.
DAVID F. ROBERTSON JR. is the managing partner of the Cincinnati law firm of Robertson, Geiser & Longano, LLC, and president of All Quest Title Agency. Mr. Robertson has been an attorney for more than ten years and practices in the areas of real estate transactions and litigation. He also practices in the areas of small business formation and transactions, probate, and family law. Mr. Robertson earned his B.S. degree from Brigham Young University and his J.D. degree from Northwestern University Law School.
Please refer to Continuing Education Credit FAQ for general information about seeking credit for your participation in one of our continuing education programs.
Additionally, our team of credit specialists are here to answer your specific credit-related questions weekdays 7am - 5pm Central:
Continuing Legal Education